Talk about Mama Drama – round two! This season, JOAN AND MELISSA: JOAN KNOWS BEST? digs deeper into the lives of Joan and Melissa Rivers – the funny, multi-talented mother- daughter duo, giving viewers an inside look once more at what life is really like for this entertainment dynasty of two.
Joan is still Melissa’s permanent houseguest, occupying the basement and constantly invading Melissa’s turf. With the success of “Fashion Police” and their individual business ventures, both women have a lot to manage, in addition to each other! Working together, living together and playing together would probably be too much for most families, but is it for these two? They survived the first go-around but will they survive another? Smotherhood returns when season 2 of JOAN AND MELISSA: JOAN KNOWS BEST? premieres on Thursday, January 24 at 9pm ET/PT.
On this season of JOAN AND MELISSA: JOAN KNOWS BEST?, we witness family drama Rivers-style. The Rivers clan is on the move – from Joan’s uber-plush East Side apartment in Manhattan, to a deluxe suite at a Las Vegas casino where she’s headlining, to a frontier ranch in Wyoming where chaos and comedy follow. Meanwhile, back at home Melissa continues to be in a committed relationship with Jason – or as Joan bluntly puts it, she’s “still unmarried.” Now that her nanny has left, Melissa struggles to balance her career with raising her lovable 10-year-old son Cooper. With both Melissa and Joan’s lives in overdrive these days, assistant Sabrina’s sassy sister Melody has joined to help add order to this household. And this season, we meet Tony Tripoli, Joan’s head writer on their hit show “Fashion Police”, who has a “friendly rivalry” with the Rivers other stand-up comedian friend, Lynn. Also, this season, we see Joan and Melissa amongst their celebrity friends such as Perez Hilton, Jimmy Fallon, Jason Alexander and Carol Burnett.
WE tv’s JOAN AND MELISSA: JOAN KNOWS BEST? is a mix of comedy, reality and relatability. Like any family where there’s ample craziness and differences of opinion, their love is evident. At times loving and at times tumultuous, this ultimate mother-daughter showdown addresses the feelings most daughters have towards their mother in the return of smotherhood.
The 10-episode season opens with Joan gearing up for yet another plastic surgery routine which Melissa protests! Highlights include:
– With marijuana legal in California, Joan and Lynne embark on an odyssey to find some in order to help them relax, much to Melissa’s dismay.
– Joan embraces the back country that Melissa loves and finds herself in a new version of City Slickers, attempting to ride a horse, use a fishing pole, and fire a weapon – things you would NEVER do in the big city!
– Melissa’s friend Conrad decides to covert to Judaism and an excited Joan throws him a bar-mitzvah.
– Melissa finds herself single after news of her live-in boyfriend Jason’s infidelity.
– Joan and her employees are forced to go through sensitivity training after Joan faces a possible sexual harassment lawsuit.
– Joan celebrates her 78th birthday by getting a tattoo, and then gets bumped from a coveted talk show spot by a much younger, up-and-coming comedian.
– Sabrina celebrates her 20th wedding anniversary by renewing her vows Vegas-style with Joan and Melissa.
Confession Cams and First Class Hollywood Sweepstakes Only at wetv.com
Read more at: broadwayworld.com